Sunday, February 20, 2011

My beautiful Aunt.

This time last year was the last Sunday i ever spent with my Aunt Treena. I remember we had homemade pizza, she said she loved it and ever since then we've called it Treena pizza. That was the last day i had with her out of a hospital bed. That night i went to a broadway across America thing up in Portland with a friend of mine. I don't regret deciding to go but i do regret missing out on a great afternoon with my favorite Aunt. This week is going to be a really hard week for me and my family because Thursday will be the one year mark of her passing. I've already had moments when i felt like i was going to break down and cry. I have never dreaded the coming of a week more in my life. I know i'll have to face how i'm feeling but honestly, i don't want to cry because if i start crying i feel like it wont stop. It doesn't feel like it's already been a year. Sometimes i still forget that she's gone and then it hits me like a ton of bricks that i will never see her strong smiling face or hear her gravelly voice full of attitude saying something hilarious. I miss her. I miss when she'd say something shocking and we'd all just laugh because only She could get away with saying something so shocking. I miss her humor and her strength and her faith in her family. I miss her never ending love for us and how she'd push us to be better when we were settling for less. I will never forget her love and devotion to her family. I love you Treena.



No comments:

Post a Comment